Well, hello there…long time no blog! I didn’t fall off the face of the Earth after all, or so it seems. It’s been a crazy, busy (and honestly kind of miserable) couple of weeks. Allow me to catch you up.
- We all got sick. All three of us caught awful colds/coughs (and we all still have them, actually). We are living in a miserable, sick household.
- A got her first ear infection. Actually, she got two, one in both ears. She is, as you could probably guess, pretty unimpressed with it.
- But she did take her first steps! She took three steps unassisted last week. I’d love to say she is walking all over the place now, but she still would rather crawl. I’m not worried about it, I know she’ll get there when she gets there. She does go like crazy behind her motorcycle, though.
- And she said mama for the first time! She’s been saying “dada” for a while now, but she (finally) said mama! Granted, she will only say it when she is upset and in tears, but still, it feels good to hear it.
- We had our first “snow”. We woke up this morning to a fine dusting of snow (or as John put it, “weird northern voodoo”). It was gone pretty quickly, but snowing in October? Doesn’t bode well. Needless to say, it’s gotten really cold here.
- A had her one year well baby visit. She is 20 lbs 11 oz and 29 inches long, and obviously she is doing great and thriving. I’m thankful to have found another fantastic pediatrician I feel super comfortable with.
- We went to a pumpkin patch. A enjoyed romping around the farm holding her daddy’s hands, and she especially enjoyed looking at the animals in the petting zoo. I know she’ll enjoy it even more next year, there was a lot for older toddlers and kids to do she was too little to partake in.
I think that just about catches us up. We’re going to Chicago this weekend, so that’ll give me some material to share, for sure. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I’m really looking forward to a fun family weekend in a place I’ve never been. I’ll do a big picture post whenever we get back.
I am making it my goal to be more diligent about blogging from here forward (scout’s honor!). It’s been a difficult couple of weeks, but I think we’re on the up and up.